Commission Painting and Pricing

Yes, I do take commissions.

Infantry are $15 a model, regardless of size, up to 32mm round base.
Large Infantry and Cavalry are $30 a model, up to 50mm round base.
Extra Large Infantry are $45 a model, up to 60mm round base.
Vehicles are based on size:
$150 for 40k dread sized (60mm base)
$200 for 40k Rhino chassis or similar, smaller fliers (Storm Talon)
$400 for 40k Land Raider, larger fliers (Storm Raven).
Forge World and Collossals - prices vary

These prices include all assembly and basing. If you already have models assembled, primed, or want to do the basing yourself, please contact me and we can talk about reducing the price.

What you get for your money - models will be cleaned of any mold lines and flash, assembled, primed, painted, based, and matte varnished for protection. Will always be beyond the 3 color minimum for tournaments, and will include the little details that we all want. I will paint an army for you that I would be proud to play with myself. I will do custom color schemes, as well as traditional "from the book" schemes. I only have one level, and that is fully painted.

About Me

I paint models and have been doing it since I was 12. Over the years I have learned tons of tricks and painted loads of models. I have ran a very successful Miniatures studio, and owned a Retail Game Store. After closing those, I decided to get a little smaller with the operation and I am back to a one man show.

Search This Blog

9/20/16

Death Guard Legion, Part 2 - Continued

And here the Contemptor is - all painted up! I inverted the color scheme to make him stand out, and so I didn't drive myself crazy with the bone/white armor.  There is going to be enough of that to come (another 15 man tactical squad), so I wanted to give myself a break.  I like the contract to the rank and file, and I might do the Grave Wardens this way as well.  They will be the last units painted, so that gives me some time to think about it.



I used some Forgeworld Death Guard waterslide transfers, and put them on with Microset/Microsol. Here is a great tutorial on working with both just water, or with Microset/Microsol.

I painted Crysos with the Support Squad.  Once I got to the final stages with him, I switched over to painting him like a character.


I think I should have done him in the flipped color scheme.  His story is kind of sad - basically, after the Edict of Nikea, when the Emperor banned all use of psychic powers, he was thrown from the Librarius (just starting his training) to the Destroyer squads as a Lieutenant, basically sent to die on any nasty mission that Mortarion saw fit to send him on.  He excelled at these and just wouldn't die!

And here's the finished tactical support squad:


I was reading online about the Death Guard fluff - so I guess Mortarion liked the number 7, so it was fortuitous that I only ended up having enough stuff to do 7 of them.  And then I sat and counted up my units for this army:

Crysos Morturg
Legion Tactical Squad 
Legion Tactical Squad 
Legion Support Squad 
Mortis Pattern Contemptor Dreadnought
Death Guard Grave Wardens
Death Guard Grave Wardens

Holy cow - I have 7 units.  So I plucked a single marine out of Legion Tactical Squad #1, and will only assemble 13 more.  That gives me 2 units of 14, and 1 unit of 7 Support guys.  The only down side is I don't have the extra stuff to do 4 more grave wardens, otherwise, I would have all units of 7 infantry.

Oh well.  Now for this weeks fun - Grave Wardens.  I need a break from the bone white, so I am putting together a unit of Grave Wardens and going with the flipped color scheme.


Time to throw down some black primer.  Woohoo!

No comments: