Commission Painting and Pricing

Yes, I do take commissions.

Infantry are $15 a model, regardless of size, up to 32mm round base.
Large Infantry and Cavalry are $30 a model, up to 50mm round base.
Extra Large Infantry are $45 a model, up to 60mm round base.
Vehicles are based on size:
$150 for 40k dread sized (60mm base)
$200 for 40k Rhino chassis or similar, smaller fliers (Storm Talon)
$400 for 40k Land Raider, larger fliers (Storm Raven).
Forge World and Collossals - prices vary

These prices include all assembly and basing. If you already have models assembled, primed, or want to do the basing yourself, please contact me and we can talk about reducing the price.

What you get for your money - models will be cleaned of any mold lines and flash, assembled, primed, painted, based, and matte varnished for protection. Will always be beyond the 3 color minimum for tournaments, and will include the little details that we all want. I will paint an army for you that I would be proud to play with myself. I will do custom color schemes, as well as traditional "from the book" schemes. I only have one level, and that is fully painted.

About Me

I paint models and have been doing it since I was 12. Over the years I have learned tons of tricks and painted loads of models. I have ran a very successful Miniatures studio, and owned a Retail Game Store. After closing those, I decided to get a little smaller with the operation and I am back to a one man show.

Search This Blog

9/18/16

Tabletop Basing Tutorial

Still working on getting that Death Guard Tactical Support squad and Character painted, but since I was waiting for some paint to dry, figured I would crank out that basing tutorial I promised.

To start, I used 2 spare 40mm bases that I had sitting around, and decided to work in 2 ways on the bases.  The first is a method I have been using for a while, and the other is a new method I wanted to try.


On the left, I used good old Elmers glue to attach some playground sand to the base.  This takes a while to dry, but leaves a nice, natural looking texture.  I use playground sand because it is cheap and plentiful, being as both of my kids are school age.  Besides that, you can pick up a 50 lb bag at Home Depot for like $4 - compare that to Citadel Sand for $12.  Sure the Citadel stuff is really fine, but to be honest, I prefer to have bigger chunks in my basing material.

On the right, I tried something a bit new.  I took some brown paint, from the old GW Scenery and Table Basing kit, squirted it into a smallish sealable container, and proceeded too mix some of my playground sand into it. I was trying to mimic the GW "Texture" paints.


Yes, looks like poop, but hey, it works.

After letting them dry for about a 1/2 an hour, I went applied a GW Argrax Earthshade wash to each base, again, setting it aside so it would dry (about a 1/2 an hour).

Once dry, I drybrushed GW Zandri Dust, followed by lighter drybrushes of GW Pallid Wyche Flesh, and then finally, GW White Scar.  Finding out that on either base, a full hour is NOT enough drying time for either the original basing or the initial wash.  On both bases, I had little chunks come off while doing light drybrushing.  Not an issue, as I would cover this with static grass later.


After attaching the static grass with white glue, I painted the edges with VGC Beasty Brown - needing 2 coats as I was painting over unprimed edges.


The one on the left is sand, wash, then drybrush, the one on the right is sand/paint mixture, wash, then drybrush. To be honest, I like the one on the right better - the paint mix gives a better area for the wash too hold onto, and throws more depth into the colors.  And to be honest, a lot of my armies are based the other way.  I won't rebase them, but moving forward, I will be using the new method.

No, all your base are belong to you - get to it!



No comments: