Commission Painting and Pricing

Yes, I do take commissions.

Infantry are $15 a model, regardless of size, up to 32mm round base.
Large Infantry and Cavalry are $30 a model, up to 50mm round base.
Extra Large Infantry are $45 a model, up to 60mm round base.
Vehicles are based on size:
$150 for 40k dread sized (60mm base)
$200 for 40k Rhino chassis or similar, smaller fliers (Storm Talon)
$400 for 40k Land Raider, larger fliers (Storm Raven).
Forge World and Collossals - prices vary

These prices include all assembly and basing. If you already have models assembled, primed, or want to do the basing yourself, please contact me and we can talk about reducing the price.

What you get for your money - models will be cleaned of any mold lines and flash, assembled, primed, painted, based, and matte varnished for protection. Will always be beyond the 3 color minimum for tournaments, and will include the little details that we all want. I will paint an army for you that I would be proud to play with myself. I will do custom color schemes, as well as traditional "from the book" schemes. I only have one level, and that is fully painted.

About Me

I paint models and have been doing it since I was 12. Over the years I have learned tons of tricks and painted loads of models. I have ran a very successful Miniatures studio, and owned a Retail Game Store. After closing those, I decided to get a little smaller with the operation and I am back to a one man show.

Search This Blog

10/14/08

Cygnar Rangers - Da Cunnin' Plan


Okay, so the Cygnar Rangers are pretty cool looking models. I have used a technique to provide snipers with ghillie suits in the past, and have a plan to do the same here.

A ghillie suit is a type of camouflage clothing designed to resemble heavy foliage. Typically, it is a net or cloth garment covered in loose strips of cloth or twine, sometimes even made to look like leaves and twigs. Snipers may wear a ghillie suit to blend into their surroundings when they feel it is important for them to camouflage and hide themselves from enemies or their targets.

Ranger with sand glued to cloak

So, pre primer, I will glue some minor amounts of modelling sand to the outside of the cloaks the rangers are wearing. I'll use a paperclip to basically draw "lines" on the cloack and then apply the sand. Key here is to not over do it. 1 or 2 short lengths of sand. Snot Green will be used for the cloak base, washed with Thraka Green and the sand will be tan (snakebite) then washed with the brown (sepia) wash. After the entire model is dry, I will apply a few small patches of static grass to the cloak, giving the whole model a very "earthy" feel. Couple that with the basing, and Shane just may loose these guys on a table somewhere!

Final Effect - a 28mm ghillie suit!


1 comment:

1havok12 said...

Awesome tips dude! looks great!