Commission Painting and Pricing

Yes, I do take commissions.

Infantry are $15 a model, regardless of size, up to 32mm round base.
Large Infantry and Cavalry are $30 a model, up to 50mm round base.
Extra Large Infantry are $45 a model, up to 60mm round base.
Vehicles are based on size:
$150 for 40k dread sized (60mm base)
$200 for 40k Rhino chassis or similar, smaller fliers (Storm Talon)
$400 for 40k Land Raider, larger fliers (Storm Raven).
Forge World and Collossals - prices vary

These prices include all assembly and basing. If you already have models assembled, primed, or want to do the basing yourself, please contact me and we can talk about reducing the price.

What you get for your money - models will be cleaned of any mold lines and flash, assembled, primed, painted, based, and matte varnished for protection. Will always be beyond the 3 color minimum for tournaments, and will include the little details that we all want. I will paint an army for you that I would be proud to play with myself. I will do custom color schemes, as well as traditional "from the book" schemes. I only have one level, and that is fully painted.

About Me

I paint models and have been doing it since I was 12. Over the years I have learned tons of tricks and painted loads of models. I have ran a very successful Miniatures studio, and owned a Retail Game Store. After closing those, I decided to get a little smaller with the operation and I am back to a one man show.

Search This Blog

10/13/16

Imperial Fists.....oh how I love painting yellow!

Well, with the Death Guard Legion complete (for now), I am heading into my "needs paint" pile to start working on other projects.

For those that don't know, just about my whole family plays 40k.  My wife, until recently, had a very nice Dark Angels army, heavy on the DeathWing and RavenWing.  My 11 year old daughter has a Space Wolves Great Company and by 9 year old son just about has a Imperial/Crimson Fist Demi Company.  Normally, every year, I allow the kids to pick out a unit to be added to their armies.  Last Christmas was a 6 model bike squad and an attack bike.

I had a spare bike a converted up a bike commander for him a couple of years ago, and it has remained his favorite model.  Last night I knocked the dust off my yellow paint pots, and put 4 hours into the attack bike. The trick to getting this yellow this bright is to paint almost everything else before that is painted.


Primed Vallejo light grey polyurethane acrylic primer, followed by VGA Sun Yellow.


I then blacked out all areas to be metallics and the tires with GW Abaddon Black.  I painted over the leather pouches and seats with VGC Beasty Brown.


All metallic areas were painted BW Leadbelcher.  This will follow up with a wash on all metallic/brown parts with GW Nuln Oil.

Once dry, I will use GW Averland Sunset to re-prep any messy areas, and then give all of the yellow areas a thin coat of GW Yriel Yellow.  Then the real fun starts.

No comments: