Commission Painting and Pricing

Yes, I do take commissions.

Infantry are $15 a model, regardless of size, up to 32mm round base.
Large Infantry and Cavalry are $30 a model, up to 50mm round base.
Extra Large Infantry are $45 a model, up to 60mm round base.
Vehicles are based on size:
$150 for 40k dread sized (60mm base)
$200 for 40k Rhino chassis or similar, smaller fliers (Storm Talon)
$400 for 40k Land Raider, larger fliers (Storm Raven).
Forge World and Collossals - prices vary

These prices include all assembly and basing. If you already have models assembled, primed, or want to do the basing yourself, please contact me and we can talk about reducing the price.

What you get for your money - models will be cleaned of any mold lines and flash, assembled, primed, painted, based, and matte varnished for protection. Will always be beyond the 3 color minimum for tournaments, and will include the little details that we all want. I will paint an army for you that I would be proud to play with myself. I will do custom color schemes, as well as traditional "from the book" schemes. I only have one level, and that is fully painted.

About Me

I paint models and have been doing it since I was 12. Over the years I have learned tons of tricks and painted loads of models. I have ran a very successful Miniatures studio, and owned a Retail Game Store. After closing those, I decided to get a little smaller with the operation and I am back to a one man show.

Search This Blog

4/3/17

Making Ahriman Fly! - Okay, actually, magnetizing his Disc and a base for him

First off, the new Ahriman model is amazing.  Way more dynamic than the one that was put out in 2nd edition, and comes with an "optional" Disc of Tzeentch.  If you are taking him in your army, you may not want to pay the points to put him on the disc, like me, but still wanted the option to put him on there and have him be secure if I do.

So, late last night, I decided to magnetize him, his disk, and a base for him.  Since the rest of the Thousand Sons I am painting are going on the Sector Imperialis bases, I chose to base both Ahriman, and his disc, on spare 40mm bases I have.

Prepping the base:



First thing I did was cut off the center peg hole on the base, and then scored the bottom of the base with my hobby knife.  After selecting where I wanted Ahriman to go on the base, I glued a rare earth magnet to the bottom of the base, right on the scoring.



After the glue dried, I mixed up a ball of green stuff and squished it over the magnet, making sure to cover the scoring.  The reason I did this is because, in the past, I have attached the magnet with just superglue, and it has come loose.



I took  more green stuff and pushed it up into Ahriman's robes (he is hollow). While it was still tacky, I checked my second rare earth magnet twice, made sure I had the polarity right, and then pushed it into the greenstuff in his rob.  I recessed it a bit, just to make sure his feet were still able to touch the base.

 

On the top of the disk, again, checking the polarity, I glued another magnet, and once the glue was dry, I squished more green stuff over the top of this.  I got a small piece of plastic wrap and laid it over this blob of greenstuff, and then set Ahriman on top of this and pushed down. Getting the plastic wrap wet prevents it from sticking and pushing the model down mad sure he was standing on and not floating over, the disc.

Some may ask why I didn't mount the magent underneath.  Simple - no room.  If I could have gotten one to fit down there I would have.




So there we have it!  Ahriman, magnetized to a base and his disc.  Now, I cannot sculpt at all, otherwise the green blob on the disc would be made to look really cool.  However, since that is going to be covered by Ahriman when he is riding it, I will just paint around it!

Enjoy!

No comments: