Commission Painting and Pricing

Yes, I do take commissions.

Infantry are $15 a model, regardless of size, up to 32mm round base.
Large Infantry and Cavalry are $30 a model, up to 50mm round base.
Extra Large Infantry are $45 a model, up to 60mm round base.
Vehicles are based on size:
$150 for 40k dread sized (60mm base)
$200 for 40k Rhino chassis or similar, smaller fliers (Storm Talon)
$400 for 40k Land Raider, larger fliers (Storm Raven).
Forge World and Collossals - prices vary

These prices include all assembly and basing. If you already have models assembled, primed, or want to do the basing yourself, please contact me and we can talk about reducing the price.

What you get for your money - models will be cleaned of any mold lines and flash, assembled, primed, painted, based, and matte varnished for protection. Will always be beyond the 3 color minimum for tournaments, and will include the little details that we all want. I will paint an army for you that I would be proud to play with myself. I will do custom color schemes, as well as traditional "from the book" schemes. I only have one level, and that is fully painted.

About Me

I paint models and have been doing it since I was 12. Over the years I have learned tons of tricks and painted loads of models. I have ran a very successful Miniatures studio, and owned a Retail Game Store. After closing those, I decided to get a little smaller with the operation and I am back to a one man show.

Search This Blog

4/14/17

MkIIa Land Raider - Final Assembly - Blood and Skulls Beta Sponsons

Finally, the day has come.  Last week I ordered the 2 sponson sets and two laser cannon sets I would need to finish off my Land Raider MkIIa's.

So from that last BaS post, I started with the hulls:


I got the kits in today, and seeing as I am flying to AZ next week for a week and a half, I wanted to get one assembled and get a tutorial up on it.


My pile o' supplies!
Okay, busted the kit open, and this is what we have:

  

The kit is well though out.  2 cylinders in halves, weapon mounts, predrilled for magnets (NICE!) guide rails for weapon mount pivot (REALLY NICE) and top and bottom of the sponson, again set up for magnets. Nice part is that all of the parts have really nice locator pins for assembly.


The cylinders are labelled with spots 1 and 2, as are the weapon mounts, and the guide rail has 2 pin mounts to set up the up and down movement.


Here I have the guide rail connected to the gun mounts.  Nice and tight.


The back side without the mounts sits on a raised part of the back of the cylinder, keeping the guide rail on the back of the gun mounts.


The finished sponson.  Okay, one of the guns is off kilter, but that is due to my piss poor filing on the back, thing to do with the tight ass tolerances built into this kit.  However, more on this later.......

Mounting to the chassis:


I stuck the plastic doors on with bluetack, and figured out where the sponson would sit.  I wanted to use the step as a height guide, so scraped and then filed the 2 rivets off.


I filed the inside of the door flat, and then shaved off the bottom step on the outside of the door.  I will be using this as the mounting plate for the sponson.  It's flat on the back, and wanted a really solid mount.


Lined it up where I wanted it - just a bit farther forward of the Crux on the side, sitting on that step.  However, while fidgeting around with the sponson placement, I must have jarred the guide plate loose from the inside of the cylinder.  I ended up make the guns face straight ahead, and glued them in place.  The cylinder still turns, but the guns don't move up and down.


I scored the sponson at the top edge where the weird angle part of the door started.  This gave me an alignment mark to work with when gluing the sponson to the door. I stuck the door to the sponson, using the score mark and the edge of the sponson to get the alignment right.  I then glued the sponson on, making sure to glue the door to the door hole, and the sponson to the side of the tank.  It's secure and not coming off!




Overall, assembly was less than a 1/2 hour, looks killer and aside from my own mess ups, a great kit.  One more to go, and both are together awaiting their squads and then the tanks to be painted.  Lots of flat areas, so i might have to order up some special adornments from FW to fill out those sides.

I have so many tracks left over, I might just use those to equip these bad boys with "extra armor" WW2 style.

Again, Blood and Skulls - go check his stuff out.  Kits used:


No comments: