Commission Painting and Pricing

Yes, I do take commissions.

Infantry are $15 a model, regardless of size, up to 32mm round base.
Large Infantry and Cavalry are $30 a model, up to 50mm round base.
Extra Large Infantry are $45 a model, up to 60mm round base.
Vehicles are based on size:
$150 for 40k dread sized (60mm base)
$200 for 40k Rhino chassis or similar, smaller fliers (Storm Talon)
$400 for 40k Land Raider, larger fliers (Storm Raven).
Forge World and Collossals - prices vary

These prices include all assembly and basing. If you already have models assembled, primed, or want to do the basing yourself, please contact me and we can talk about reducing the price.

What you get for your money - models will be cleaned of any mold lines and flash, assembled, primed, painted, based, and matte varnished for protection. Will always be beyond the 3 color minimum for tournaments, and will include the little details that we all want. I will paint an army for you that I would be proud to play with myself. I will do custom color schemes, as well as traditional "from the book" schemes. I only have one level, and that is fully painted.

About Me

I paint models and have been doing it since I was 12. Over the years I have learned tons of tricks and painted loads of models. I have ran a very successful Miniatures studio, and owned a Retail Game Store. After closing those, I decided to get a little smaller with the operation and I am back to a one man show.

Search This Blog

6/17/17

Warhammer 40k Death Guard – Pox Walkers Tutorial

Unlike the mighty Space Marines of the Imperium, the Chaos Space Marines must rely on their rank and file being filled with cannon fodder......This chaff is most normally made up of the Heretics and Traitors of the human worlds infested with the taint of Chaos, while others are forced to serve after they have died.  This is the fate of many Imperial Citizens.

After the Death Guard have attacked, even if repelled, the populace of an Imperial planet my find itself set upon by a myriad of sicknesses, and those that die from these illnesses do not normally just stop fighting.  After death, they rise again to form one of many forms of zombie like beings.  These can sometimes be Pox Walkers.

In the Dark Imperium core set, the Nurgle force is augmented by 2 units of 10 Pox Walkers. These shambling hordes are usually found marching, if it can be called that, in front of the elite forces of the Death Guard, forming an inhuman shield of poxy destruction.

I decided to break the pox walkers into 2 units, and have them be distinguished by the colors of the tattered remnants of clothing and uniforms.  To throw in some variation, I painted the flesh tones in 2 colors, utilizing different washes, and then mixed the two up.


I started with white primer, and then shot half of the Pox Walkers in VGC Dead Flesh, and the other half in GW Pallid Wyche Flesh



Once dry, I used GW Lahmian medium to reduce a wash of GW Druchii violet, and applied that to the models shot in VGC Dead Flesh, and then applied a reduced wash of GW Athonian Camoshade to the ones shot in GW Pallid Flesh.


I then mixed the units, and made sure that no 2 of the same model were the same flesh tone in the unit.


I applied the base colors - VGC Beasty Brown for the leather, GW Leadbelcher for the metals, and then one unit got cloth painted in GW Khorne Red, the other GW Castellan Green. All of the horns were painted in GW Ushabti bone.


These areas were then washed with GW Agrax Earthshade.


Once dry, all of the tentacle growths and areas of open skin were painted with GW Emperor's Children, and then washed with GW Drakenhoff Nighshade.


I based them all with GW Agrellan Earth, and once dry, applied a wash of GW Agrax Earthshade. Once that was dry, I applied a drybrush to the bases of P3 Menoth White Highlight, and then painted the rings in GW Abbadon Black.


And here they are, nestled in with all their compatriots, ready to wage a disgusting war on the Imperium!




No comments: