Commission Painting and Pricing

Yes, I do take commissions.

Infantry are $15 a model, regardless of size, up to 32mm round base.
Large Infantry and Cavalry are $30 a model, up to 50mm round base.
Extra Large Infantry are $45 a model, up to 60mm round base.
Vehicles are based on size:
$150 for 40k dread sized (60mm base)
$200 for 40k Rhino chassis or similar, smaller fliers (Storm Talon)
$400 for 40k Land Raider, larger fliers (Storm Raven).
Forge World and Collossals - prices vary

These prices include all assembly and basing. If you already have models assembled, primed, or want to do the basing yourself, please contact me and we can talk about reducing the price.

What you get for your money - models will be cleaned of any mold lines and flash, assembled, primed, painted, based, and matte varnished for protection. Will always be beyond the 3 color minimum for tournaments, and will include the little details that we all want. I will paint an army for you that I would be proud to play with myself. I will do custom color schemes, as well as traditional "from the book" schemes. I only have one level, and that is fully painted.

About Me

I paint models and have been doing it since I was 12. Over the years I have learned tons of tricks and painted loads of models. I have ran a very successful Miniatures studio, and owned a Retail Game Store. After closing those, I decided to get a little smaller with the operation and I am back to a one man show.

Search This Blog

1/21/18

New to the Hobby Tabletop Game Series - Hobby Workspace

Kind of like Capital One - "What's your hobby space look like?"

Mine is a constant mess - partially contained chaos, but for this new series of posts I am doing, I straightened up (okay, not all the way) to show what the method to my madness is, and how I have my hobby space setup.


I'm a lucky guy that has been allowed, for the extent of my adult life, to be granted a permanent home to my painting area.  While it has evolved over the years to incorporate more and more tools, bits and bobs, and generalized clutter to become the spectacle pictured above.  Understand that this is not my full hobby area.  I have a 72 inch desk that includes my airbrush setup, a home built rack for all my paint, a swing arm camera for filming unboxings and hobby tutorials, a couple of finished model shelves, a bookshelf for my gaming books and projects still in box, as well as a couple of massive bits boxes.

I will cover just the basic hobby/painting area, and will move into the other areas as I expand on this series of articles.


Okay so let me explain what is going on here:

  1. This is my HD video camera on a swing arm.  While not technically a part of my hobby area, it's going to be in a few of the pictures I post going forward, so might as well explain what it is before I start.
  2. Clamp lamp running a 100w equivalent daylight white LED bulb
  3. Clamp lamp running a 100w equivalent daylight white LED bulb (a second one)
  4. Swing arm lamp with a 60w equavalent daylight LEB array.
  5. Models in progress shelf.  I switch between projects often, as I might be waiting on something to dry, so can reduce downtime.  I also store whatever washes I am using on the current project
  6. An empty, old school, GW basing material tub.  This is just used for elevation so I can snap a picture of a model in progress with my phone.  It gets decent light coverage from the clamp lamp over it.
  7. Project paint storage.  I store all of the paints I am using in the current project(s) so that I don't have to keep going back to my paint rack to get what I need.
  8. Water rinse pot.  Nothing high tech - just a pickle jar with fresh water.  I change my water often, and do so especially after painting metallics.
  9. This is where I keep my good paint brushes.  I do have a brush caddy, but this works better because I switch styles and sizes often during a painting session.
  10. This is where I keep my hobby tools and junk brushes.  I keep junk brushes around for the unsavory tasks of drybrushing, applying decals, and applying basing materials.  I go through brushes pretty often because I am pretty hard on them.
  11. My painting pallet.  This is a lime green textured cutting board that I have been using for roughly 15 years.  I do all my assembly and painting here, and clean the paint build up off about once a month.  I move all over the lower part, as can be clearly seen.  I don't use a wet pallet, but have tried one and didn't like it.
  12. The whole thing is built around an old school Games Workshop painting station.  I have yet to use the water cup holders or the paint brush holes for anything of real mention.  This thing is sturdy, doesn't move, and has a nice groove to keep the detritus from model building, and the occasional tipped paint pot, from running onto the floor.
Stay tuned for the next article - Basic and Advanced Hobby Tools!


No comments: