Commission Painting and Pricing

Yes, I do take commissions.

Infantry are $15 a model, regardless of size, up to 32mm round base.
Large Infantry and Cavalry are $30 a model, up to 50mm round base.
Extra Large Infantry are $45 a model, up to 60mm round base.
Vehicles are based on size:
$150 for 40k dread sized (60mm base)
$200 for 40k Rhino chassis or similar, smaller fliers (Storm Talon)
$400 for 40k Land Raider, larger fliers (Storm Raven).
Forge World and Collossals - prices vary

These prices include all assembly and basing. If you already have models assembled, primed, or want to do the basing yourself, please contact me and we can talk about reducing the price.

What you get for your money - models will be cleaned of any mold lines and flash, assembled, primed, painted, based, and matte varnished for protection. Will always be beyond the 3 color minimum for tournaments, and will include the little details that we all want. I will paint an army for you that I would be proud to play with myself. I will do custom color schemes, as well as traditional "from the book" schemes. I only have one level, and that is fully painted.

About Me

I paint models and have been doing it since I was 12. Over the years I have learned tons of tricks and painted loads of models. I have ran a very successful Miniatures studio, and owned a Retail Game Store. After closing those, I decided to get a little smaller with the operation and I am back to a one man show.

Search This Blog

3/4/17

Painting Thousand Sons for 40k

Okay, so we sold off my wife's Dark Angels last year, and she has been without an army for a while.  When the new models came out for Magnus's boys, my wife made the declaration that she wanted those.  She liked the baroque styling to the Rubirc Marines, so I started working up a War Cabal for her.

So, the Rubrics are kind of popular.  And seeing as the new models are so nice, I figured I would run through a painting tutorial for them

First step - prime them black, and then apply GW Retributor Armor to the whole model.  It will be easier to fill in the blue compared to painting in the gold.

After this, apply a wash of Agrax Earthshade to the whole model.  Watch for pooling!


Instead of laying the gold, I decided to use drybrushing to get the gold to look burnished, so I applied a very light drybrush of GW Liberator Gold to the model.


I then took GW Thousand Son Blue, and applied it to the areas of the armor I wanted to be blue.


Over the blue I applied a wash of GW Nuln Oil, being careful not to get it onto the gold plating.


Now, I applied another layer of GW Thousand Son Blue, leaving the darker areas in the recesses.  Technically I could have pinwashed, but with the curls in the gold, that was going to be a pain.


Using GW Ahriman Blue, I highlighted the blue areas of the armor.  I also applied GW Averland Sunset to alternating areas of the helmet striping.  I am only going to do this on the helmets.  I applied GW Wild Rider red to the gem on the chest, and to the center part of the tabard, followed by a light wash of Carrowburg Crimson over that..


Using GW Yriel Yellow, I lightened the yellow a bit further.  I applied GW White Scar to the eyes, and washed this with GW BielTan Green.  I re-highlighted the tabard with GW Wild Rider Red, and then applied a final highlight of GW Trollslayer Orange. Worky bits on the bolter were given a base of GW Leadbelcher, followed with a wash of GW Nuln Oil.

I did end up having to go back and clean up the lines between the helmet banding and did this with super thinned out black paint.

Overall, the wife is happy with them, and so am I.  No go and call forth the animatons!

No comments: