Commission Painting and Pricing

Yes, I do take commissions.

Infantry are $15 a model, regardless of size, up to 32mm round base.
Large Infantry and Cavalry are $30 a model, up to 50mm round base.
Extra Large Infantry are $45 a model, up to 60mm round base.
Vehicles are based on size:
$150 for 40k dread sized (60mm base)
$200 for 40k Rhino chassis or similar, smaller fliers (Storm Talon)
$400 for 40k Land Raider, larger fliers (Storm Raven).
Forge World and Collossals - prices vary

These prices include all assembly and basing. If you already have models assembled, primed, or want to do the basing yourself, please contact me and we can talk about reducing the price.

What you get for your money - models will be cleaned of any mold lines and flash, assembled, primed, painted, based, and matte varnished for protection. Will always be beyond the 3 color minimum for tournaments, and will include the little details that we all want. I will paint an army for you that I would be proud to play with myself. I will do custom color schemes, as well as traditional "from the book" schemes. I only have one level, and that is fully painted.

About Me

I paint models and have been doing it since I was 12. Over the years I have learned tons of tricks and painted loads of models. I have ran a very successful Miniatures studio, and owned a Retail Game Store. After closing those, I decided to get a little smaller with the operation and I am back to a one man show.

Search This Blog

3/2/17

Gradual or Blended Highlight - when you really want to add that POP to a model

Okay, a lot of folks have asked about building up highlights, using just paint, no washes.

So I am going to use a spare Space Marine.  I have him primed blue, but I would normally prime him black.

Okay, First, before we start, we need to talk about light sources.  Now, there are a couple of techniques that we can use.  All around, 360degree, coming in at a 45 degree angle.  Object Source Lighting.

For the most part, I use the 360 degree technique.  OSL is awesome, if it is done right. Kind of like this.  Remember, we have it coming in from the front and rear of the model as well.


For this tutorial, I am going to use a blue primed marine I have laying around.  I did a paint up on the other shoulder pad, but didn't like the way it came out, so I went to the other side and started working in greens.

As the base, I laid down 2 thin coats of GW Caliban Green.


Using GW Warpstone Glow, I painted the trim ring and the inside of the pad.  I left a thin line of the darker green to work as the shade.  Again, 2 thin coats.


With GW Moot Green, I applied a line to the inside of the pad, right up against the darker green shade line.  On the trim, so started the highlight a bit lower, to represent light shining off of it.


Final highlight was a mix of 50/50 Moot Green with Skull White, and applied it to the very tip of the corners of the 2 highlights. Up close, the highlights might look a little chunky.


But from a distance, the highlight does what it is supposed to - grab your attention and pull it to the hightlight.

Every one enjoy! 

No comments: