Commission Painting and Pricing

Yes, I do take commissions.

Infantry are $15 a model, regardless of size, up to 32mm round base.
Large Infantry and Cavalry are $30 a model, up to 50mm round base.
Extra Large Infantry are $45 a model, up to 60mm round base.
Vehicles are based on size:
$150 for 40k dread sized (60mm base)
$200 for 40k Rhino chassis or similar, smaller fliers (Storm Talon)
$400 for 40k Land Raider, larger fliers (Storm Raven).
Forge World and Collossals - prices vary

These prices include all assembly and basing. If you already have models assembled, primed, or want to do the basing yourself, please contact me and we can talk about reducing the price.

What you get for your money - models will be cleaned of any mold lines and flash, assembled, primed, painted, based, and matte varnished for protection. Will always be beyond the 3 color minimum for tournaments, and will include the little details that we all want. I will paint an army for you that I would be proud to play with myself. I will do custom color schemes, as well as traditional "from the book" schemes. I only have one level, and that is fully painted.

About Me

I paint models and have been doing it since I was 12. Over the years I have learned tons of tricks and painted loads of models. I have ran a very successful Miniatures studio, and owned a Retail Game Store. After closing those, I decided to get a little smaller with the operation and I am back to a one man show.

Search This Blog

3/31/13

Sneak peak - Custom HQ models for the Deathwing!

Okay, to be quite honest, I was supremely disappointed with the new Belial model and have always hated the Terminator Librarian model.

Come on, Belial is pigeon toed and is a static as a second edition HQ model.  AND the pose is just LAME!.  The Terminator Librarian is a pretty cool model, but there is only the 1.....Sure you can change his hand out, but absolutely no poseability - and he does not look very Dark Angelic (yes, that is a word....).

And at $44.50 to get 2 Terminators, I figured I was better off making my own (enter buy a $50 Terminator Box and mix the parts into a DW command box to fill out a squad - leaving me with 5 extra Terminators to play with).

Enter Belial



He was build using a set of Deathwing legs,  Upper body, helmet, outstretched Storm Bolter arm, and right arm.  I used the banner pole from the Space Marine Command Squad, a powersword from the GK Terminators box, and then a bunch of purity seals.  He will have the cloak from the command squad, and a teleport homet token that I will use to mark where I am dropping a squad.  If you notice he has no shoulder pads, this is because I am awaiting my Forge World Order that will have those in it.  I will use one set for him, the custom Libby, and then 3 members of the DW command Squad.

Custom DeathWing Librarian


He was a bit more involved. Sergeants Leg and torso back. Torso front is from the DW command box, as is the head.  Back icon is from the Space Marine Command box.  The servo skull, warding staff, and both arms, including wrist mounted Storm Bolter are from the GK Terminator box.  I added a bunch of purity seals again.  I was not happy with the original look and so I swapped to the GK arms. Again, his shoulder pads are inbound from Forge World.

A quick note on mixing the DW box parts with standard Terminator parts - they don't match up exactly.  When mating the DW chest plates to Terminator backs, you have to cut away some of the mounting tabs to allow the parts to join fully.
Here is a shot of the parts just stuck together, no glue, no trimming.

Here is a shot with the tabs trimmed down.  Almost perfect.  I still ended up trimming off some more to get them to mate up.  The tabarded fronts are a real pain, as they are mad to work with a specific set of legs from the DW box.  You have to do some creative bending of the tabard, and, if you are not careful, will end up with some strange poses to your models!



No comments: